Think Posterity

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?” –John 4:11&12

Here is a true story of posterity. Jacob the grandson of Abraham is believed to have lived from 2006 and 1859BC. During his lifetime Jacob dug a well which didn’t just out live him but was still serving the community nearly 2000 years later, during the time of Christ.

At this time, it makes no difference that Jacob lived in a palace or a tent, rode a donkey or the fastest and most beautiful Steed in the province. Prosperity has its place and it is desirable, but in 200 years, no one is going to care that much what cars you drove but your zeal for a better community will always speak.

Long after your exotic pleasures, fast cars and 4x4s are forgotten, the love behind the care you gave will live on. By the way, this is not a peculiar reserve of the wealthy; none of us can do everything but all of us can do something.

In the midst of all the self-interest today, think posterity. Perhaps God can put a seed in your heart that’ll blossom to benefit the future generations as well. You are blessed alright, now you can be a blessing.

6 Comments to Think Posterity:

essay services uk on 13 August 2018 10:29
I agree that thinking of posterity is necessary but more necessary is to live the present day rather than being disturbed in thinking future. I hope you understand.

vergerberh on 12 February 2019 08:15
Nice

resumespice reviews on 21 November 2019 17:33
The debate of prosperity versus posterity will face a person ultimately - whether he or she is rich or poor. Which would you like to leave behind after you die - your riches or good memories for your good deeds while you were still alive? For practical purposes, we need money and material things to survive. But it shouldn't be and-all and be-all of our existence. We also need to think seriously about what we are leaving behind upon our death. Rich people can create a foundation that can outlive them or leave huge donations to charities? For ordinary people, a simple thing such as volunteering can touch the lives of people. You might not become popular because of it but you are remembered by people who you have helped.

meadowvale walk in clinic canada on 11 February 2020 10:00
"There is nothing bad in sharing your opinion even if its negative. But the choice of words that matters a lot. I think the lady has chose a little harsh words though but the topic is very important to be discussed. "

Anonymous on 09 September 2020 02:41
You're providing superior data to other sites. That's great! You can also visit my site and share your opinions. 먹튀검증 먹튀검증 안전놀이터 토토사이트 꽁머니 꽁머니 안전놀이터 스포츠중계

Anonymous on 02 October 2020 06:39
가장 확실한 먹튀검증 커뮤니티What a nice comment! 먹튀검증 Nice to meet you. 먹튀신고 I live in 먹튀 a different country 먹튀검증업체 from you. 먹튀커뮤니티 Your writing will be 먹튀사이트검증 of great help to 먹튀사이트 me and to many other people living in 메이저놀이터 our country. 메이저안전놀이터추천 I was looking for a post like this, 메이저놀이터추천 but I finally found it. 메이저놀이터 Thank you so much for 사설토토 letting me read this. 메이저사설토토 This post touched me a lot. 사설토토사이트추천 Actually, 사설토토사이트 I'm running a website. 사설놀이터 I'd like to write on my site, 안전놀이터 too, referring to your post. 토토안전놀이터 I'm still lacking a lot, but I'm working hard! 안전놀이터 If you're interested, 토토사이트 please visit my site. 토토추천 I'd appreciate it if you could read my article and leave your comments. 메이저토토사이트 Thank you again for leaving me good posts, 먹튀없는토토사이트 and I will visit often and read other posts. 토토사이트추천 Be careful of COVID-19, 토토사이트 have a good day!